Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Office weigh-in



Did anyone catch the season premiere of the Office? It was pure comic genious. If you missed it, please do yourself a favor and watch it online on NBC.com. I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it [or finished all but the last 15 minutes.. Drew, you are really putting a strain on communication in our marriage. please, finish it.] The episode was all about weight loss as an office and essentially that meant adopting a healthy lifestyle, but really the focus was on the pounds. Each person had some 'great' strategies for trying to shed the pounds.
As one of about five women in the US who wants to gain weight I am trying to brainstorm the opposite problem... how to put the pounds on. It's harder than it seems, well at least to do it in a way that is healthy, i.e. not just eating junk food. If anyone has any tips on how to gain weight feel free to pass them along. Otherwise, just don't hate me for asking and watch the Office for a good laugh to forget I even mentioned it.

K

1 comment:

Charissa said...

I had the same problem a couple of years ago! Living on my own without roomates wasn't the best for my eating habits; I think I was too healthy and a little bit lazy. Someone recommended that I eat more peanut butter and avacado. I'm not sure that my daily peanut butter toast (I couldn't find a good way to eat avacado regularlly b/c they went bad too quickly) actually helped me gain weight although I did enjoy it very much. I didn't start filling out my clothes until I got married and got into a routine of cooking a healthy meal every night.